Takbeer Day commonly known as ‘Youm-e-Takbeer‘, ‘The day of Greatness’. This day is also known as the ‘National Science Day’. Pakistan celebrates her Takbeer Day on 28th May every year. as she became the nuclear power on this very day. On this year Pakistan will celebrate her 21st anniversary of becoming a nuclear country after declaring herself as a nuclear power.
It was in May 1998 that Pakistan exploded six atom bombs in the Hills of Chagai, Balochistan to become the world seventh nuclear power, but in fact, the eight as Israel was an undeclared nuclear power. India was already a nuclear power after its first nuclear explosion in 1974. But she conducted five atomic tests in early May 1988 in Rajasthan in order to become a “declared” nuclear power. With a nuclear support and cover, India was finding it possible to dictate its terms to Pakistan.
Hero of the Nation
The foundation of the Pakistan’s nuclear program was laid during the era of Zulfikar Ali Bhutto, who expressed the need to gain the nuclear power status for Pakistan. And every succeeding government furthered the program.
Dr. Abdul Qadeer Khan became the National Hero of Pakistan on Takbeer Day because the major advancement to Pakistan’s nuclear program was after the arrival of Dr. Abdul Qadeer Khan, Pakistani Nuclear scientist in 1975.
He brought the advanced and reasonable plans with him for the Uranium Enrichment Centrifuges and the list of necessary sources for the program. His untiring efforts have made Pakistan an unconquerable country of the world.
After the arrival of Dr. Abdul Qadeer Khan and his new proposal, Pakistan moved towards the Uranium Enrichment Centrifuges and the list of necessary sources for the program.
On Dr. Qadeer’s suggestion, Pakistan focused its development efforts on highly enriched uranium (HEU), an extensive clandestine procurement network to support these efforts. He persuaded Pakistan to work with Uranium (as compared to Plutonium) because Plutonium involves more hazardous procedures and clumsy and expensive processes.
Dr A.Q. Khan founded the Engineering Research Laboratories at Kahuta in 1976, which later to become the Dr. A. Q. Khan Research Laboratories (KRL).
In 1978 Dr. Samar Mubarik Mand, member Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission (PAEC), announced that the team of Atomic Energy Commission developed the design of atomic bomb and had successfully conducted a cold test after developing the first atomic bomb on 13th March, 1983.After the successful results of the cold Test Pakistan become nuclear power on March 1983.
At last on 10th December, 1984 Dr. A.Q. Khan informed General Zia ul Haq through a written draft that with the grace of Almighty Allah we are able to execute nuclear blast on a week notice. Nonetheless after gain of such invincible power, Pakistan didn’t show off because Pakistan is a peace loving country and wants serenity across the region.
Pakistan’s nuclear explosions imbued a spirit in the Islamic world. Whole the Muslim world welcomed Pakistan as the first Muslim nuclear power.
The Results of Pakistan’s Nuclear Tests:
- The result of Pakistan’s successful nuclear tests were highly favourable to her at least in the military and political fields.
- Firstly, the balance of power which was weighing heavily on India’s side after her nuclear testing of early May was suitably corrected. After her own nuclear testing Pakistan could herself warn India of an atomic war and large-scale destruction in case she attacked Azad Kashmir or any part of Pakistan. Soon after Pakistan’s testing and possible deployment of the nuclear weapons on her Ghauri missiles, the war fever of the Indians came down and their violent excitement evaporated.
- Secondly, Pakistan emerged on the world map as the only Islamic nuclear power after her atomic tests. For all the Islamic countries it was a matter of pride. Pakistan’s scientific and technological power was recognized by them all. She was now to enjoy an honoured position in the comity of nation.
- Thirdly, the Kashmir problem, which was rather being taken lightly by the world power and the UN, came into the limelight in world politics or was projected well. The world came to understand that the atomic explosion by India Pakistan were directly connected with the long-standing Kashmir dispute.
- However, the nuclear tests conducted by Pakistan made the world powers like the US, Japan and Britain and the International Monetary Fund (IMF) impose sanctions against Pakistan stopping all the funds and loans that she was receiving. The government had to levy some new taxes like the general sales tax and had to raise the price of oil.
- The sanctions were mostly lifted after Pakistan joined hands with the US and the West in their fight against terrorism after the attacks on the World Trade Centre and government installation in the US.
How the Day is Celebrated:
- To celebrate this day special morning prayers will be offered for the sake of peace,prosperity, stability of the country and eradication of terrorism.
- Radio Pakistan and television channels will also broadcast special programmes to highlight the history and significance of Youm-e Takbeer. Impressions of defense analysts, journalists, educationists, and intellectuals will be broadcasted.
- Different organisations will bring out rallies to highlight importance of the day .
- Various ceremonies and seminars will be organized in which scientists, intellectuals, defense analysts and notable personalities will pay rich tributes to the team of nuclear scientists who raised Pakistan’s strategic status.
Now What Should We Do:
The game is not over now. As we are the nuclear country. No super power or developed country can easily harm us in the form of starting a war with us, as we have nuclear weapons. As all of us know very well that Us started war with Iraq. Because Iraq was not a nuclear country that’s why US entered and started a war. But as far as Pakistan is concerned no on dares to enter and start a war with us, as we are a nuclear country.
Now side by side with scientific progress, education of the masses should be started on better and more effective lines to attain maximum literacy. All the main industrialists, capitalists and landowner, together with the government, should provide funds for this purpose. With a strong educational base, rapid economic, especially industrial and agricultural, development will be possible. This will lessen our economic dependence on the West and make our defensive and strategic situation strong and dependable.
Message of Takbeer Day
Today Muslim Ummah is facing a lot of problems and most of them are created by the super powers in the form of sanctions or other orders given by the leading countries.
It is the time for Muslim ummah to be united for making advancements in the fields of education, science and technology if Europeans can be united as the western nations . If the European Union makes the Euro for the development of Economy then why not the Muslim Union can be Form? Once it’s formed the sharing of technology and the resources leads the Muslims Ummah better than the glorious past of the Muslims.
May Almighty Allah save us from the offense of our enemies and grant us the Strength to prepare for our defense. Amen.